WOHAD is devoted to eliminating homelessness for justice-involved
women by providing transitional housing and programs that build character
to facilitate a successful reentry transition.
WOHAD envisions a country that responds with empathy to challenges
faced by justice-involved women and the barriers that prevent their
successful return to society.
Data collected by Texas Criminal Justice Coalition reveals:
- Texas ranks first in women's incarceration
- 12,508 women incarcerated in Texas's state corrections system
- 64% of women in Texas' state corrections are incarcerated for a nonviolent offense, mostly drug possession or delivery
- 81% of women in Texas' state corrections system are mothers
- 26% of women incarcerated in Texas' state corrections system are Black, comprising 6% of Texas' overall population
These stats don't lie.
Check out this great video